Lamprophonic is looking for a new Poetry Curator for our Emerging Writers Series.
Could this be you? I think it could! If you agree, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Poetry Curator” and include the following:
- 1 paragraph as to why you’re interested in this position
- 12 pages of your own writing — does not need to be entirely poetry, but must include some poetry
- A resume of some kind so that I don’t need to bother you with basic questions about your life thus far.
Responsibilities for the Poetry Curator are as such:
- Be a thoughtful individual, committed to encouraging a robust, diverse, and supportive literary community in NYC
- Have the time and energy to read anywhere between 6 and 30 6-page submissions and select 2 to 3 that represent a breadth of styles — and make those decisions within a matter of days
- Be responsive enough on email so that co-curators can communicate via that channel effectively
- With limited exceptions, be able to attend monthly readings
Lampro is evolving. What I (Clare) find most exciting about this position is that it offers the opportunity to have a hands-on leadership role in effecting change, within the organization and within the community. Once the bare minimum of responsibilities is met (see above), there is the freedom to make the role what you wish, and I promise to only encourage that. Let’s go do something cool together.
This position is unpaid, save for free drinks at all the events and occasional free food/drinks at meetings with yours truly.
Spread the word and inquire with any questions!
Please send your materials by AUGUST 11th.